Plan And Develop A New Top-Level Domain For Your Brand Or Community
ICANN has not yet announced the opening of applications for the next round of new TLDs, however we can keep you informed of forthcoming announcements. In addition to applying for your own top-level domain, there are strategic alternatives that may be suitable for your brand or business. Work with ExcelStrategy to create your business plan, go-to market strategy, and domain strategy.
When ICANN opens its next round for accepting new TLD applications, work with ExcelStrategy to develop your ICANN application and prepare for launch. Our experience includes developing and launching new top-level domains, re-asserting legacy TLDs, launching and managing domain registrar/retail businesses.
New Domain Registry Application and Launch
- Business case development.
- Market development strategy.
- Selection of registry services provider.
- Premium name and reserved name selection.
- Application to ICANN for new gTLD.
Development and Launch of a Registry’s Vertically Integrated Domain Registrar/Retail Business
- Develop business strategy and investment level for retail activity, with phased go/no-go decision on launch.
- Develop sales strategy for own retail storefront, non-interfering with registrar channel.
- Review and selection of registrar services provider.
- ICANN compliancy guidelines, policies, and practices you’ll need to implement for vertical integration – across your registry and retail operations, in consideration with the Registry Code of Conduct section of your registry’s ICANN contract.
- Configure and setup of branded storefront.