ExcelStrategy will help you focus your limited resources on the greatest opportunities to increase sales, develop a closer relationship with your customer, and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage.
With our proven 3-phase approach, we’ll get closely involved with your business to understand and analyze your organizational capability, your products, and your competitive position. We’ll ask the tough, probing questions, do the difficult analysis work, and challenge the status quo. We’ll develop the best strategic path forward, manage the new tactical activities and measure the progress of your business.
1. Research and Situation Analysis
Develop a shared perspective of your customers, competition, and your own company’s core competencies. From a foundation of relevant data, important insights will emerge.
- What is your customer’s economic motivation or driver? Where does your product fit and what is and can be your impact?
- What drives your competition’s revenue and profitability? What value do they deliver to their customers? What is their growth and profit strategy?
- What are the cost drivers to your business, the impacts on your profitability?
2. Strategy Development
With the market-based perspective gained from the research and situation analysis, we’ll identify opportunities to drive growth for your business, prioritize, and crystallize a business strategy. Identify new ways to serve your customer within uncontested markets.
- What are the competitive dimensions of your product and others, serving the same market?
- Within which markets is your product at its strongest advantage over the competition?
- What are the emerging alternative/displacement offerings?
- What changes in your product, your customer relationship, or path to market can enable growth?
3. Go-To-Market Launch
Align and allocate resources, develop the rollout plan, and systematically measure the key performance indicators. The go-to-market plan is built on the foundation of the situation analysis and the strategy, developed in the prior two phases.
- Resources – Identify resources including budget, people, systems and technology.
- Rollout plans – Create and implement rollout plans identifying new business opportunities and products, defining objectives and success metrics, and delivering results. Develop a comprehensive marketing and communication strategy aligned with your company’s strategic plan and designed to increase growth in target markets. Train your sales channels and implement customer incentive programs.
- Measurement – Identify key operational performance metrics for measuring near term growth. Identify metrics to measure the creation of long-term value and profitability.