Getting Started - The Strategic Review
You are busy focusing on the immediate challenges and the critical activity to run your business today. Adding our capability will bring your future into focus and overcome the complexity of building a long term strategy to reach your next level of growth and profitability.
ExcelStrategy will help you focus your limited resources on the greatest opportunities to increase sales, develop a closer relationship with your customer, and achieve a sustainable competitive advantage.
We’ll get closely involved with your business to understand your organization’s capability, your products, and your competitive position. We’ll ask the tough, probing questions, do the difficult analysis work, and challenge the status quo. We’ll develop the best strategic path forward, help you manage the new tactical activities and measure the progress of your business. We’ll be directly involved in the hands-on work as needed, based on the availability of your resources.
Research and Situation Analysis
Develop a shared perspective of your customers, competition, and your own company’s core competencies. From a foundation of relevant data, important insights will emerge.
- What is your customer’s economic motivation or driver? Where does your product fit and what is (or can be) your impact?
- What are the primary drivers to your revenue? And your profitability?
- What drives your competition’s revenue and profitability? What value do they deliver to their customers? What is their growth and profit strategy?
- What are the cost drivers to your business, the impacts on your profitability?
- What are the competitive dimensions of your product and your competitors, serving the same market?
- Within which markets and/or customer segments is your product at its strongest advantage over the competition?
- What are the emerging alternative/displacement offerings?
- What changes in your product, your customer relationship, or path to market can enable growth?
We’ll develop a report documenting the current state of your business strategy and opportunities for improvement and growth.
Learn more about a Business Model Canvas, and how it can organize your business according to key activities: